It is the aim of Operation Sunshine to support community projects in the UK and abroad.
This charity is supporting the IDEAL Project (Integrated Dolphin Education and Learning) pioneered in schools by Dr Horace Dobbs .
To see the excellent results in schools using the concept of IDEAL, please download the June/July Special Edition of DOLPHIN, the magazine of International Dolphin Watch through www.idw.org
(Click the picture below)
Jackie Connell, Founder of the Charity, says "we are limited with how many children we can take to the sea to swim with dolphins and therefore we are taking the sea to the children through the fictional dolphin called Dilo”.
‘Operation Sunshine Family Therapy Programmes’ is looking for funding so that we can support educational community projects and the distribution of 1,000 Dilo books around the world to assist children with learning difficulties.
Its aim - to encourage children to want read books, involve parents and not spend so much of their time playing computer games.
A donation of £40 can fund a full set of Dilo books for schools
Current Community Projects
- Making learning a joyful experience based on the IDEAL (Integrated Dolphin Education and Learning) principle – for further information see: http://www.idw.org/html/ideal_.html.
- Developing Literacy with school children in the UK, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Germany with the use of Dilo Story Books by Dr. Horace Dobbs
- The creation by Valpurga Hozakova in Czech Republic, of a Dilo Dolphin Cocoon, providing a magical space in which children can listen to Dilo stories and music is to be developed in England and Czech Republic. Children in England and Czech Republic schools are learning music especially composed by Rene Kral for the Dilo Dolphin Therapy Cocoon.
- A Dilo Club (Delphino Association) to connect to school children worldwide, to encourage computer literacy, community cohesion and cultural awareness.
Valpurga and the Dilo Dolphin Cocoon Team in Prague
A donation of £320 can fund a Dilo Dolphin Cocoon
Previous Community Projects Supported in Bimini
- Developing Literacy with Bimini school children, with the use of Dilo Story Books by Dr. Horace Dobbs (Dilo books have been donated to Bimini All Age School and Bimini Library)
- ‘Story Time’ at the Bimini Library with local children.
- Children's Bimini Conservation Club to encourage them to think more about their environment.
- Making learning a joyful experience based on the IDEAL (Integrated Dolphin Education and Learning) principle – for further information see: http://www.idw.org/html/ideal_.html
Bimini Arts Centre
A donation of £150 can fund a dolphin art session
Operation Sunshine recently presented
Howard, in Bimini, with a new wheelchair.
A donation of £2000 funds a place on a respite retreat